Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thing 13 - Database exploration

We spent a good afternoon exploring databases for November's meeting; everything was positive about it, and I learned a lot. At first I wasn't able to find much for Spanish but ended up using several. My first steps have been to explore all of the databases to see what's available for my classes.

I have been able to find several resources that are useful; additional time spent has added a couple of resources as well. My work will eliminate the frustration students would have at trying to find resources to use, and I know where to look as well.

I would give them the topics to look for, then give them the choices of databases to look at, ask them to try each one, and then talk as a class about what they found and how useful it is to them.

Having the time in our session saved me lots of my own time; thank you.

No comments: