Thursday, November 8, 2007

Thing 4 - Using Libraries

I don't know where it went, but I did a blog on libraries; they have been an integral part of my life since my mother, aunt, and sister were librarians and I went to school for the education. Reading and libraries have always been a place my family used, for pleasure reading and research. Public and school libraries always have the answers to so many of my questions, and I try to encourage kids to use them and now the computers that hold so many of the answers they're looking for.
Libraries have changed so much in my lifetime, and we have one at our school that is so up-to-the-minute because of the efforts of Linda Wise. She has done so much to introduce the staff to innovations and usable information. With the aid of her and the equipment we have for this project students are being introduced to the many resources they have to augment their education.

No comments: