Monday, November 12, 2007

Thing 11 - Google

Google - It just keeps growing!! The bane of some educators, but I love it! When I need current events and images for Spanish class, Google is where I go. Google is great for finding educational activities that students can do, supplements for the articles and authors that I use in class, and short videos about places and events.

I regularly use Google maps, Web search, image search, video, definitions, advanced search; having read about some of the other features for searching I will use them also. A question: where's the Cheat Sheet mentioned? I couldn't find it.

With the projector, using Google has become even easier to show students how to find pictures (art, festivals, events, etc) and also grammar exercises.

Google actually has opened up the world because now we have the images and activities that once were only available in hard copy. Now I don't have to search through catalogs, spend money, wait for hard copy that I may not like, etc. It's available at my fingertips, and can be modified to fit what I need for class.

It may not be perfect for research, but it's great for my classes.

No comments: