Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Dribbling

---How did the lessons work? Any changes you implemented? Are there lessons you need you couldn't find? Are they skill related or subject specific? Do you have other lessons you use to teach the research process that you can share?
There's a problem; the lessons are for topics that I don't cover in class, as they are subject specific. However, I have used lessons like them from the Walker Art Museum, from a Frida Kahlo website and the Smithsonian. They are FANTASTIC because the work is done for me, and I only need to check to see what sites are no longer functioning. It's so much easier than reinventing the project.

---Would you recommend this dribbling lesson list to others?
I would recommend this source to teachers of these classes.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hi Kathy . . .

I think I may move the subject lessons from that site . . . the "real" dribbling lessons are at the top of the page where it lists the five steps of the Research Calculator. Those are not subject-specific -- they are "little" lessons about Questioning, Gathering, Concluding, Communicating, and Evaluating which can be used in any subject. Just wanted you to know . . .